Caring For Your Candle
Please read these before lighting your Amaura candle to get maximum longevity and aroma from your candle.
Allow to pool
- Upon the first use, allow your candle to burn until the entire surface has turned to a liquid wax (approx. 2 hrs). This will help activate the memory of the wax, your essential oils and prolong the life of your candle to give the best fragrance throw.
Always burn your candle for a maximum of 4 hours. You can relight your candle once the top solidifies.
Trim your wick
- Always trim your candle wick to 5 mm after each burn to ensure an even burn. This creates a good memory pattern for subsequent burns.
- Once your candle solidifies it may look a little lumpy or have air bubbles – don’t worry it’s a natural wax so this is the natural effect. This effect disappears once the candle is relit.
Use your candle safely
- Stop using your candle when 5mm of wax remains on the base.
- Place your candle on a flat heat proof surface. We recommend placing your candle on a coaster.
- Never leave children unattended near an open flame. Avoid drafts.
Vessel care & Upcycling
- Wipe your vessel with a microfibre cloth – no harsh chemicals are required.
- To upcycle your vessel, remove the remaining wax by placing the vessel in the freezer to harden and scrape the wax out. Or you can safely discard the remaining wax on your final burn and then immediately wipe the inside the vessel with a cloth and warm water to remove any residual liquid. – DO NOT throw wax down the sink or drainpipe.
- Go to our page on Upcycling for ideas on how to repurpose your vessel.
Caring For Your Reed Diffuser
Reed diffusers release fragrance into the surrounding air all day long. Perfect to in every room of your home to create a welcoming ambiance that just smells divine.
To get the best out of your diffuser follow these guidelines:
- Unscrew the cap and remove the stopper.
- Replace the cap and insert the reeds.
- Allow 48 hours for the fragrance to fill the room.
- For a stronger scent turn the reeds weekly.
- Always place on a flat, stable surface. Do not allow the oil to make contact with polished, waxed, synthetic surfaces or fabrics. Oil may cause staining.